Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Rambling Salutations

Hello, internet!  You can call me Forrest Jameson (aka Fo-Jay).  I'm a proud member of the hip hop group 40 Psychic Frames.  You may (or may not) have heard of us, but we've been at this music thing for a while.  Going on 12 years, to be precise (holy shit...reality check whenever I think of that).  So we have a ton of musical material out there already.  But we've been working on a new album for the past couple years and I'm pretty damn sure it's going to be the best work we've ever done.  Anthony Jackson has been killing it on the production tip and everything is just falling into place very nicely.  Anyway, I'll drop you all a line when it's ready for public ears.

So...this is my blog, huh?  *glances around*  Nice place.  Fair warning, though.  I'm notorious for starting these types of things, only to let them fall by the wayside as the newest interest catches my eye.  Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, SQUIRREL!!!  *cough*  But yeah, I'm generally bad about keeping these social media-esque things up to date.  So that's my disclaimer.  There I go dropping the clairvoyance, predicting the fate of this blog.  Or am I?  Hmmm...perhaps this time things will be different?  Perhaps.

Sometimes I wonder if I have attention deficit disorder.  Because the same thing happens to me with video games.  I'm all for starting things...but finishing them?  That's the challenge for me.  Mass Effect 3, for instance.  I loved the first two games and was stoked to play the third.  And I did...for maybe two hours.  Then it sat on a shelf while I played a different game...until I finally sold all of my Xbox 360 stuff to buy a PS4.  And it's not that it was a bad game.  I just got distracted.

Hell...right now, I have GTA V, Dragon Age Inquisition, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Far Cry 4, AND World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor.  AT THE SAME TIME!  My head's spinning, game-wise.  Maybe that's a good indication that I should spend less time playing video games and spend more time doing productive things.  

Sometimes I think of how much time I've spent with a controller in my hand instead of a writing utensil or a musical instrument.  How many more skills could I have developed or projects could I have finished?  I have a sci-fi novel that remains unfinished and I haven't worked on it solidly in over a year.  It could have been completed by now, if my priorities were different.  Same thing with getting my voice acting stuff up and running.  Maybe things should change.  Maybe this blog will help get the creative juices flowing again.  We'll see.  Oh, look!  Another squirrel!

So what will be the format of this blog?  No clue.  Well, okay...maybe I kinda have a clue.  As you can see above, there will be random stream-of-consciousness babbling.  I imagine this could also be an outlet for the creative things I do in my life, whether it's writing, music, photography, or what have you.

Anyway, I'll let you go for now.  Here.  As a goodbye present, here's a karaoke track of me singing a Johnny Cash song with some chick.  You're welcome.

Oh yeah...I love karaoke.  Catch you on the flip.  *mic drop*

No comments:

Post a Comment