Thursday, December 25, 2014

Photography

Yessir.  Or ma'am.  I enjoy photography...or "doin' da snappy snap" as I like to call it...  *shrug*

I only started doing it about 2 years ago.  So by and large, I'm still a novice.  However, I'm learning new techniques all the time.  Currently, I'd have to say my favorite shots to take are night photos with long exposure times.  There's something interesting about having the shutter open for 30 seconds without knowing what's going to happen.  I enjoy the experimental aspects of the process, served with a hefty side of luck.  

A bus could pass by, leaving unique streaks of light.  Or not.  An SUV could stop within the frame, lingering just long enough to create the transparent, ghostly image of a vehicle.  Or not.  And you don't exactly know what the shot will look like until the shutter snaps shut and you see your photo flicker to life on the screen.  Hell...the Raleigh "Trolley Pub" could pedal by your camera, full of a bunch of loud, drunken dumbasses, each one shouting at you to "Wooo! Take mah piiiictuuuure!"  You never know...it could produce the coolest shot you got all night.  Happened to me.  Not a single drunken dumbass in the photo.  Just the lights of the trolley.

I most recently took a number of night photos in downtown Raleigh.  You can find them in the gallery below, along with everything else I have done so far.


Get Adobe Flash player

Hope you enjoyed that.  I'll leave you with another karaoke track.  I figured "Santa Baby" would be appropriate.  When I joined this duet, I realized (to my horror) that the lyrics weren't going to appear on my screen like usual.  So, since I didn't have the lyrics memorized, I just decided to be take the ridiculous route.  

Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment